***TEST PLEASE READ!!!***
Almost every day we get emails or phone calls: "When will my card come in the mail?" or "what is my CPU number?"
All of these questions are answered below, so PLEASE READ before you contact us.
*** YOU WILL PRINT YOUR CPU CARD AFTER THE PURCHASE, IT HAS YOUR NUMBER ON THE FRONT***
All memberships will show 2 parts, the portion that goes to the CPU ($50) and the portion that goes to your provincial organization (variable). They are good for one year from date of purchase.
$5.00 of the CPU portion goes to support the CPU's Anti-Doping program.
Prince Edward Island
Coaches and Referee Membership
If you are a coach or referee and not a competing as a lifter, you may join the CPU with no provincial affiliation by clicking this link. Cost is $65. If you are a lifter also, please use the regular process.
In order to join the CPU you must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status, or be in Canada on a work or study visa.
Person's on work or study visa's may participate in any contest, but cannot set national records or be on international teams. Other foreign nationals in Canada temporarily may participate in CPU events, but must have a valid membership from their own nation. At contests designated as "Championships" (Provincial or National) foreign nationals may only participate as guests, and cannot win medals or class standings.
1) Select your province of residence from above. You can compete in ANY province but must get your card through the province where you live.
2) Click on the SignUp tab, and Sign Up For Myself. (Figure 1)
3) Click on Memberships on the left (Figure 2)
Note: If you are renewing your membership you should see a blue RENEWAL button. It will appear if you are within 30 day of expiring.
4) Select your Membership type. All competitive memberships will show the provincial portion, the $45 CPU portion will be automatically included. Types will vary from province to province, most will pick the first option, the Open membership. Click on Buy for Myself. (Figure 3)
5) The next page will confirm your selections, ask you some questions (set by your province) and ask you to agree to your provincial waiver. (Figure 4)
6) Next enter your credit card payment information, and other required info and complete the purchase.
7) PRINTING your membership card:
Click on Dashboard at the top right, then on Memberships on the left, and in the Canadian Powerlifting Union section, you will see the "PRINT MEMBERSHIP CARD" button. (Figure 5, below)
Some are reporting that they had to log out and back in to get the Print button.
Membership cards are designed to fold over to fit in your wallet. See figure 6 below.